04/06 • HAORI JACKET • Advanced Beginner Sewing, April 6 & 13 (12-5 pm) Saturdays$150.00
We love this sewing pattern for a Japanese-inspired jacket. With large pockets and a fold-over collar, this oversized jacket is functional, comfortable, and stylish. Fully lined and reversible (but with pocket on only one side), it looks more complicated to make than it actually is. The pattern includes three different lengths to choose from-- short (hip length), mid (below-hip length), and long (thigh length). Sizes: XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL. Fits US Women's sizes 00-18.
Check out #wikstenhaori on Instagram for tons of inspiration.
SKILLS LEARNED •
• taking accurate body measurements
• constructing a button fly
• modifying pattern for a perfect fit to your body
• making darts
MATERIALS REQUIRED •
• Main fabric: 2 1/4 - 3 yards medium weight woven fabric with good drape, such as textured cotton, chambray, linen, soft denim, cotton/linen blend, twill, and wool
• Lining fabric: 3-4 yards light to medium weight woven fabric with good drape, such as textured cotton, chambray, linen, cotton/linen blend, and silk
• 2 1/2 yds flexible, lightweight fusible interfacing
• Wiksten Haori pattern
• basic sewing kit: seam ripper, tape measure, pins, tailor's chalk/marker, seam gauge, fabric scissors
• sewing machine (or rent one of ours for $10)
TIME • 10 hours (2 x 5 hour classes)
PREREQUISITE • SEWING MACHINE 101 or equivalent skills. You should be comfortable and familiar with the features of your sewing machine.
TEACHER • Kathleen Blackmur is an enthusiastic home sewer who happily shares her tips and techniques for making wearable, lovable clothes. She is working towards a predominantly handmade wardrobe and loves being so connected to the things surrounding her everyday.
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.