10/12 • ESTUARY SKIRT • Advanced Beginner Sewing, October 12 (10-5 pm) Saturday$100.00
Are you craving a beautiful, full skirt the way we are? Around the shop we've been buzzing about big gathered waist skirts with plenty of length and elastic, so we got really excited when we discovered the ESTUARY SKIRT by Sew Liberated. It's elastic in the back with faux buttons in the front. And there are pockets - either in-seam or patch! The pattern is sized from 0 to 30. Pair this skirt with a t-shirt or cropped sweater for an easy, adorable look. This skirt is best made with mid-weight woven fabrics like chambray, linen, soft cotton, or light denim.
SKILLS LEARNED •
• creating gathering
• elastic casing
• creating your perfect fit
• button holes (or not if you choose to do a faux button placket)
MATERIALS REQUIRED • 10% off at Cattywampus for class participants
• mid-weight woven fabric (sizes 0-8: 2.25 yard for in-seam pockets, 2.5 yards for patch pockets) (sizes 10-30: 2.5 yard for in-seam pockets, 3.25 yards for patch pockets) -see pattern for specifics
• 9-10 buttons, 5/8" or 3/4"
• 1 1/2" thick soft elastic (11"-33" depending on your size)
• Estuary Skirt Pattern from Sew Liberated (PDF download)
TIME • 7 hours
Please note that the project may take additional time outside of class to complete.
PREREQUISITE • SEWING MACHINE 101 or equivalent skills (comfortable with basic functions of a sewing machine and sewing straight seams)
TEACHER • Kathleen Blackmur is a passionate home sewer committed to making the majority of her wardrobe. If you're looking for handmade clothing inspiration, Kathleen is your source! She is a retired elementary school teacher, so she's super pro at teaching as well. We promise you'll come away from any of her classes having learned new tips and techniques.
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.