04/06 • LANDER PANT & SHORT • Intermediate Sewing Class, April 6 & 13 (10 am - 5 pm) Saturdays$200.00
With a high waist and button fly, the Lander pattern is not only on trend, but also flattering and comfortable for all body types. The pattern includes front and back patch pockets, belt loops, and a straight fit through the legs. View A is a short with a 4” inseam, View B is an ankle length pant, and View C is a boot length pant that can be worn with a heel. Any way you make it, you will look gooooooooood! Especially with that little bit of extra swagger in your step as you strut around proudly knowing that you made your super fly pants!!
Check out #landerpants on Instagram for tons of inspiration.
SKILLS LEARNED •
• taking accurate body measurements
• constructing a button fly
• modifying pattern for a perfect fit to your body
• making darts
MATERIALS REQUIRED •
• 2-3 yards medium to heavy bottomweight fabrics (no stretch - twill, linen, corduroy, denim)
• 1/2 yard light to medium weight woven fabric for the front pocket linings (cotton voile, quilting cotton, linen, standard lining fabrics)
• 1 yard fusible interfacing
• matching thread
• denim/heavyweight sewing machine needles
• heavy duty button thread for buttons
• 4 buttons (5/8-inch) for fly
• Wonder Clips
• True Bias Lander Pant & Short Pattern
• basic sewing kit: seam ripper, tape measure, pins, tailor's chalk/marker, seam gauge, fabric scissors
• sewing machine (or rent one of ours for $10)
TIME • 14 hours (2 x 7 hour classes)
PREREQUISITE • Any two sewing classes beyond SEWING MACHINE 101. You should be very comfortable and familiar with the features of your sewing machine, especially switching stitches and tension, button holes, changing needles, and threading the machine.
TEACHER • Kathleen Blackmur is an enthusiastic home sewer who happily shares her tips and techniques for making wearable, lovable clothes. She is working towards a predominantly handmade wardrobe and loves being so connected to the things surrounding her everyday.
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.