01/19 • WATKINS CARDIGAN • Intermediate Knitting, January 19-March 15 (1-3 pm) Sundays$150.00
We love color work and chunky yarn at Cattywampus, so this cardigan is the ultimate knit project to win our hearts! The classic design is made fresh and modern with bold geometric patterns and beautiful colors. This pattern and yarn is by Quince & Co - one of our go to's for all American organic fibers. Quince's Puffin yarn is perfect for outerwear like this because it's slightly felted, which makes it sturdy and resistant to pilling. In this class, you'll be guided through color work knitting, steeking, and how to add a shawl collar. Watkins is worked seamlessly from the bottom up, then steeked, so no colorwork is worked on the wrong side of the garment. Our knit instructor Jody has a lot of tips and tricks for this project! You'll come away from the class with great new skills and knit confidence along with a stunning winter cardigan.
SKILLS LEARNED •
• long tail tubular cast on
• wrap and turn short rows
• stranded color work knitting
• duplicate stitch
MATERIALS REQUIRED • 10% off at Cattywampus for class participants
• 7 (8, 9, 10, 10, 11, 12) skeins Quince & Co Puffin (color A)
• 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins Quince & Co Puffin (color B)
• 1 (1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2) skeins Quince & Co Puffin (color C)
• 1 skein Quince & Co Puffin (color D)
• US 13 (9 mm) circular knitting needles, 32" length
• US 11 (8 mm) circular knitting needles, 32" length
• US 11 (8 mm) circular knitting needles, 16" length
• US 10 (6 mm) circular knitting needles, 32" length
• US 13 (9 mm) double point needles
• US 11 (8 mm) double point needles
• US 10 (6 mm) double point needles
• stitch markers
• Quince & Co Watkins Cardigan pattern
TIME • 5 x 2 hour classes
• January 19
• February 2
• February 23
• March 8
* March 15
Please note that additional time outside of class will be required to complete the project.
PREREQUISITE • any 2 Beginner Classes (or equivalent skills: confident with knit and purl stitches, following a pattern)
AGE • 13+
TEACHER • Jody James is a knit and crochet fanatic. She loves all things wild and colorful. Jody is never not knitting. Prepare to catch the bug!
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.