PASCAL CARDIGAN • Advanced Knitting, January 25-February 22 (3-4 pm) Fridays$75.00
We are feeling stranded colorwork crazy at Cattywampus! For our January-February knit-a-long we are joining forces with Brooklyn Tweed's "Winter of Colorwork Knit-a-long". We'll be making the Pascal Cardigan, which is a handsome pattern written for men and women. Brooklyn Tweed will be sharing tips and techniques for working each part of the cardigan — choosing colors, swatching for stranded colorwork, sweater construction, and (yes!) steeking, to name a few. It's a more advanced project with all those techniques, so we are offering this Friday class as hands on support to get you through it with ease and confidence!
Here's Brooklyn Tweed's blog schedule for the knit-a-long (posted every Wednesday):
January 9 — Selecting Colors for Stranded Colorwork Knitting
January 16 — Pattern Selection, Fit and Swatching with Your Colors
January 23 — Cast-On and Knitting Pascal: Beginning the Sleeves
January 30 — Knitting Pascal: Beginning the Body
February 6 — Knitting Pascal: Joining the Sleeves to the Body
February 13 — Knitting Pascal: Steeking
February 20 — Knitting Pascal: Finishing
February 27 — Winter of Colorwork KAL Wrap-Up*
You are also welcome to come to the Cattywampus knit-a-long gatherings on Mondays 3-5 pm. There's no instructor for the Monday group. It's just a good time to meet up and support one another in knitting the same project. Come when you can!
SKILLS LEARNED •
• reading charts
• picking up stitches
• stranded colorwork knitting
• Backward Loop Cast On
• Kitchener Stitch
MATERIALS REQUIRED • 10% off at Cattywampus for knit-a-long participants
• Brooklyn Tweed's Pascal Cardigan Pattern (January 16 release date)
• Main Color (6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9) Men's [6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9] skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Quarry
• Color 1 (1)  skein of Brooklyn Tweed Quarry
• Color 2 (1)  skein of Brooklyn Tweed Quarry
• Size A: US 10 (6 mm) circular needles, 16" and 32" and set of double-pointed needles
• Size B: US 10.5 (6.5 mm) circular needles 32" length
• Size C: US 9 (5.5 mm) circular needles 32" length and set of double-pointed needles
• stitch marker
• tapestry needle
• 5 buttons
• 14 stitches & 22 rounds = 4" in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
• 14 stitches & 20 rounds = 4" in chart patterns with Size B needle(s), after blocking
Note: Correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauges. Due to significant variance among knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether Size B should be larger, smaller, or equal to Size A. We recommend trying Speed-Swatching for Circular Knitting (see Special Techniques).
• 14 stitches & 32 rows = 4" in garter stitch with Size C needle(s), after blocking
TEACHER • Jody James is a knit and crochet fanatic. She loves all things wild and colorful. Jody is never not knitting. Prepare to catch the bug!
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.