We are not currently seeking anyone to hire, but we always enjoy meeting those who are interested in the possibility of working at Cattywampus. Please come in to say hello or send an email introducing yourself along with a resume and we will keep your information on file.
Job Description • Cattywampus Crafts is an inspiring creative environment for makers and lovers of handcrafted goods. We believe in nurturing everyone’s creative spirit and welcome makers of all abilities - from the novice to the expert. Our crew members are part of this incredible community and share in the enthusiasm of beautiful, all natural materials. The primary responsibility of the Cattywampus Sales Associate is to exhibit a passion for making and offer support and genuine interest in other’s creative expression and style through excellent customer service and sales. The Catty Crew works together to reach sales goals.
• Able to assist customers with knit projects and issues: selecting yarn for various projects, assessing and correcting customer’s knit problems.
• Ability to assist customers with crochet, sew, and dye projects is appreciated but not required.
• Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
• Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, empty trash, clean countertops.
• Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities • Other responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
Customer Service •
As a representative of Cattywampus Crafts you will be expected to be a supportive, interested, and respectful member of the Cattywampus community and communicate positively regarding store products, fellow crew members, and company strategies. We want everyone who comes into Cattywampus to feel welcomed, appreciated, and inspired. It will be your job to acknowledge every customer, maintain a clean and well merchandised environment, and be familiar with our store’s products so that you can meet our customer’s needs. A crucial aspect of excellent customer service at Cattywampus Crafts is that you be willing and able to assist customers with their knit projects. Crew members are expected to make special efforts to achieve sales goals with enthusiasm.
Store Operations •
• Establish and maintain a solid understanding of the company POS system in order to efficiently process customer and store transactions. Training will be provided.
• Maintain store environment by performing light cleaning and organizing tasks.
• Protect company assets by following all loss prevention procedures.
• Maintain an open and positive relationship with Cattywampus crew.
• Dress in a stylish, put-together manner wearing Cattywampus goods as much as possible.
• Maintain product knowledge of current inventory to make sales.
• Achieve monthly sales goals.
Job Description • Cattywampus Crafts is a celebration of creativity, handmade living, and our natural environment. We aim to inspire and support community connection, being in the present moment, and earth consciousness. Our shop specializes in knitting, sewing, and other crafts along with gifts, clothes, and home goods. As an administrative assistant you would be a valuable part of the vibrant Catty Crew and work directly with the owners and the manager in maintaining office items of business.
- Create and manage products, vendors, and purchase orders in POS
- Update monthly budgets with inventory received and on-order
- Weekly inventory review, listing items to order, noting what’s needed for upcoming classes and events
- Print daily reports for the bookkeeper at the beginning of each month
- Implement an efficient filing system for the shop
- Work the floor as needed during busy times, if floor staff is sick or on vacation
- Oversee, pack and ship web orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Basic Mac Computer operations
- Detail oriented
TO APPLY FOR A JOB AT CATTYWAMPUS
Submit letter of interest and resume along with three references for consideration. Email store co-owner Anna Nozaki at email@example.com.
Be prepared to share examples of knitting and other relevant craft projects.