PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATE WANTED
Cattywampus Crafts is an inspiring creative environment for makers and lovers of handcrafted goods. We believe in nurturing everyone’s creative spirit and welcome makers of all abilities - from the novice to the expert. Our crew members are part of this incredible community and share in the enthusiasm of beautiful, all natural materials. The primary responsibility of the Cattywampus Sales Associate is to exhibit a passion for making and offer support and genuine interest in other’s creative expression and style through excellent customer service.
• Able to assist customers with knit projects and issues: selecting yarn for various projects, assessing and correcting customer’s knit problems.
• Ability to assist customers with crochet, sew, and dye projects is appreciated but not required.
• Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
• Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, empty trash, clean countertops.
• Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Other responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
As a representative of Cattywampus Crafts you will be expected to be a supportive, interested, and respectful member of the Cattywampus community and communicate positively regarding store products, fellow crew members, and company strategies. We want everyone who comes into Cattywampus to feel welcomed, appreciated, and inspired. It will be your job to acknowledge every customer, maintain a clean and well merchandised environment, and be familiar with our store’s products so that you can meet our customer’s needs. A crucial aspect of excellent customer service at Cattywampus Crafts is that you be willing and able to assist customers with their knit projects.
• Establish and maintain a solid understanding of the company POS system in order to efficiently process customer and store transactions. Training will be provided.
• Maintain store environment by performing light cleaning and organizing tasks.
• Protect company assets by following all loss prevention procedures.
• Maintain an open and positive relationship with Cattywampus crew.
• 3 days per week (possibility of becoming full time)
If you are interested in applying for this position and joining our Cattywampus crew, please send a cover letter and resume to Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting with you!