01/18 • STRATHCONA SWEATER • Beginner Knitting, January 18-February 8 (3-5 pm) Saturdays$120.00
So... we are kind of obsessed with the STRATHCONA SWEATER. It's perfect in so many ways... a chunky knit that can be done quickly, all the gorgeous yarn options, it's knit in the round, looks great with high waisted pants, cute raglan sleeve details... the list goes on! You can tell we are bananas for it because we whipped up 3 versions for our shop. One is done in soft, hand-dyed superwash merino Rasta yarn, another is in sophisticated Hygge yarn that basically doesn't pill, and lastly we had to do a crazy color block version in Merino No. 5 to show how versatile this pattern is. Whatever your style, this sweater can be customized for you! The sleeves and body can be lengthened if you desire. This project makes a great first sweater. You will love wearing your Strathcona! Guaranteed!!
SKILLS LEARNED •
• long tail cast on
• knitting in the round
• picking up stitches for raglan sleeves
• M1R & M1L increase stitches
• following a pattern
MATERIALS REQUIRED • 10% off at Cattywampus for class participants
• 390 yards super bulky wool (ie. 5 skeins Malabrigo Rasta, Loopy Mango Merino No. 5, Woolfolk Hygge)
• US 13 (9 mm) circular needles, 16" length
• US 15 (10 mm) circular needles, 24" length
• US 19 (15 mm) circular needles, 24" length*
• Strathcona Pattern by Good Night Day (Ravelry pattern available at Cattywampus)
* or needle size needed to get gauge 7 stitches and 10 rows = 4 x 4 inches
AGE • 13+
TIME • 8 hours (2 hour classes x 4)
Please note that the project will take additional time outside of class to complete.
PREREQUISITE • Any Intro or Beginner project or equivalent skills (confident with knit stitch)
TEACHER • Jody James is a knit and crochet fanatic. She loves all things wild and colorful. Jody is never not knitting. Prepare to catch the bug!
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.