MANE PULLOVER • Intermediate Knitting, December 30, January 20, 27 & February 3 (12-2 pm) Sundays$120.00
Here's another gorgeous design from Woolfolk's newest collection, Earth Elements. A clean take on the traditional yoked colorwork sweater, choose your favorite 3 gradients in Far for a sumptuous, wearable classic. This yarn is beyond soft and will definitely be something you want to wear every time there's a chill in the air.
This sweater is knit from the bottom up in the round, and the body and sleeves joined at the underarm to work the yoke. Raglan-style decreases are worked first, then short rows are worked for a better fit around the neckline. The colorwork pattern at the yoke incorporates more decreases. The pattern has options to make either a men’s or women’s sweater. The body is the same for both versions. Women’s version has slightly narrower sleeves and yoke. Charts are worked in Stockinette stitch.
SKILLS LEARNED •
• wrap and turn short rows
• knitting with multiple colors / color work
• knitting from a chart
MATERIALS REQUIRED • 10% off at Cattywampus for class participants
• 7-13 skeins main color Woolfolk Far
• 1-2 skein contrast color 1 Woolfolk Far
• 1-2 skein contrast color 2 Woolfolk Far
• US 8 (5 mm) 24″ or 32″ circular needles
• US 7 (4.5 mm) 16" circular needles
• US 8 (5 mm) set of double pointed needles
• waste yarn or stitch holders
• tapestry needle
• stitch markers
• Woolfolk's Mane Pattern
TIME • 8 hours
Please note that classes vary from 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
• December 30: 12-2:30 pm (2.5 hours)
• January 20: 12-1:30 pm (1.5 hours)
• January 27: 12-2:30 pm (2.5 hours)
• February 3: 12-1:30 pm (1.5 hours)
PREREQUISITE • Any two advanced beginner knit class or equivalent skills (confident cast on, knit, purl, reading a pattern)
TEACHER • Jody James is a knit and crochet fanatic. She loves all things wild and colorful. Jody is never not knitting. Prepare to catch the bug!
Classes and workshops can be refunded if the event is more than 5 days from the date of the refund request. Classes may be canceled within 2 days of the event if there are not enough registrations, in which case a full refund would be provided.