PENNY RAGLAN T-SHIRT • Beginner Sewing Class, August 26 (11-5 pm) Sunday$90.00
The Penny Raglan t-shirt is an oversized tee perfect for summer fun. The breezy shape keeps the fabric from clinging so you can stay cool while looking great. We love ours paired with the Persephone Pants – the slim waist balances the volume of the Penny perfectly! This is an excellent intro to sewing with knit fabric and an all around great pattern. Kathleen is addicted! She is certain that you will be sewing up more of these in record time after taking this class. The pattern is sized for US 0 to 18.
SKILLS LEARNED •
• sewing with knits
• straight seams
• attaching a knit neckband
MATERIALS REQUIRED •
• 1 1/2 to 2 yards light to medium weight jersey knit fabrics with a minimum of 20% widthwise stretch
• matching thread
• Grainline's Penny Raglan PDF pattern (purchase from Grainline and print prior to class)
• basic sewing kit: seam ripper, tape measure, pins, tailor's chalk/marker, seam gauge, fabric scissors
• sewing machine (or rent one of ours for $10)
TIME • 6 hours
PREREQUISITE • Any one sewing classes beyond SEWING MACHINE 101 or equivalent skills. You should be comfortable and familiar with the features of your sewing machine, especially switching stitches and tension, changing needles, and threading the machine.
TEACHER • Kathleen Blackmur is an enthusiastic home sewer who happily shares her tips and techniques for making wearable, lovable clothes. She is working towards a predominantly handmade wardrobe and loves being so connected to the things surrounding her everyday.